Time to Understand Your Hormones, Ladies: Interview with Amy Branum, Ayurvedic Practitioner
Hey there, and welcome back to my series, Time to Understand Your Hormones, Ladies!
This time I got to chat with Amy Branum, an Ayurvedic Practitioner and Herbalist who is based in Grass Valley, CA.
Oh man, was this interview SO MUCH FUN. Besides all the juicy good stuff I learned about how Ayurveda and herbs can help in balancing hormones at different stages of life, her cat is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
And if you’ve been watching this series, you might notice my cat Greysey always makes an appearance 🐈
But back to the interview. There are so many good tidbits in this interview that you can add to your hormone arsenal, I highly suggest you watch the whole thing from top to bottom. It was hard for me to pick out the highlights, but I did my best (you can find them below the video).
This woman knowledge is beyond vast, and we dive deep into a variety of helpful hormone tips from an Ayurvedic perspective, including:
- Is the Ayurvedic diet only vegetarian? (4:50)
- What are the 3 doshas all about? (7:10)
- How these doshas impact your hormones, including PMS (9:17)
- Menopause and what herbs can support this change (11:03)
- How to approach and deal with perimenopause (12:24)
- What can help with fibroids and ovarian cysts (17:26)
- How ignoring our cycles can hurt us (27:33)
Be sure to check out more about Amy and connect with her in these ways: